Position Title: Signage Designer for Art Fair 2023
Duration: 2 week contract
Reports to: Manager of HR & Administration
Working Relationship: OCAD SU Art Fair Committee
Rate of Pay: Flat rate of $250 to be paid at the end of the contract
Hours of Work: Estimated 5-10 hours of work over two weeks
Description: We’re looking for a Signage Designer to design the OCAD Student Union 2023 Art Fair! The OCAD SU 2023 Art Fair is the first of its kind, and is funded by the joint University and OCAD Student Union's Affordability Task Force, as a revenue-generating opportunity to alleviate the rising costs of living. The Art Fair will be a space for students to sell their own zines, prints, ceramics, jewellery, etc, and will take place on Thursday, November 2 from 4:00 – 8:00pm at the Great Hall and Lobby of 100 McCaul.
If interested, please email Lauren Hunter at email@example.com with the subject line: “ART FAIR SIGNAGE DESIGNER” with a CV/resumé and a link to your portfolio/website OR up to 3 samples of recent design and/or illustration work. The deadline is September 22nd, 2023 at 11:59 pm. Questions and inquiries can be emailed to this same email address.
Please note that this posting is only open to current members of the OCAD Student Union (students currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at OCAD University, or attended OCAD after September 1st, 2022).
- The designer is responsible for creating signs in order to communicate event layout and wayfinding. All the information that needs to be included on the signs will be provided to the designer, and must be laid out on the signs in a clear manner.
- Include all content provided by the Student Union, including text and images, within the final layout.
- Size requirements will be discussed when hired
- A currently enrolled student or a recent graduate of a Graphic Design, Advertising, Printmaking or Illustration Major or Minor
- Must have an understanding of Universal Design for Learning principles and Visual Accessibility Standards
- Must be comfortable presenting ideas to a group of SU Staff
- Must be comfortable working independently and possess good time management skills
- Have access to a computer and the Adobe Creative suite
- Comfortable and open to giving and receiving feedback
- Professional work ethic, critical thinking skills, ability to exercise good judgment
- Experience working in not-for-profit organizations, student organizations and/or arts organizations is not essential but will be considered an asset.
The OCAD Student Union encourages applications from women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity. We thank all candidates for applying, but only the chosen designer will be contacted.