Position Title: Photographer for Winter Feast!
Duration: December 14th 2023, 3.5 hours
Reports to: OCAD SU Manager of HR & Admin
Working Relationship: OCAD SU Event Coordinators, Communications Coordinator
Rate of Pay: Flat rate of $362
Hours of Work: on site for 3.5 hours, 6pm - 9:30 pm plus some editing as required
The OCAD Student Union is looking to hire a student with experience to be a photographer at this year's Winter Feast. Winter Feast started in response to the volume of international students that could not go home for the holiday break. It offers an opportunity for OCAD students to come together to share food, stories, and traditions, and to create a sense of community. The Winter Feast Photographer is a temporary contract for service with the OCAD Student Union. The photos will be used on our website, social media, and in next year’s SU Dayplanner, with credit!
- Take high quality photos that document and capture the essence of the Winter Feast event.
- Follow the shot list and schedule provided by SU staff to take photos where and when desired.
- Do some light touch-ups or editing work where it is required and submit photos to the Student Union within two weeks of the event.
- A student currently enrolled in a Photography major or minor, or has an appropriate level of photography experience. Open to recent graduates as well.
- Must be comfortable working independently and possess good time management skills
- Have access to a computer and the Adobe Creative suite or related software
- Have their own camera or the ability to rent a camera for the event (cellular phones will not be adequate)
- Professional work ethic, critical thinking skills, ability to exercise good judgment
- Experience working in not-for-profit organizations, student organizations and/or arts organizations is not essential but will be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
If interested, please email email@example.com with the subject line: “Winter Feast Photographer” with a CV/resumé and a link to your portfolio/website OR up to 3 samples of recent event photography work. The deadline is Nov 13 2023. Questions and inquiries can be emailed to this same email address.
The OCAD Student Union encourages applications from women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only the chosen photographer will be contacted.
Please note that this posting is only open to current members of the OCAD Student Union (students currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at OCAD University, or attended OCAD after September 1st, 2022).
The OCAD Student Union is an independent, democratically run student organization with approximately 5000 members, incorporated as a not‐for‐profit corporation. The OCAD Student Union operates a variety of programs and services on campus and virtually at OCAD University including access to: free legal services, student advocate, campus food bank, community drop‐in lunch, student grants, social events, and workshops.
The OCAD Student Union represents the OCAD University student population within the Canadian Federation of Students, and within the Toronto art and design community, the OCAD Student Union is represented by its subsidiary, Xpace Cultural Centre.
The OCAD Student Union is committed to ensuring that the University campus and broader OCADU community are inclusive spaces where all members are treated with respect and dignity. Please note that OCAD U will endeavor to accommodate job applicants with a disability during the hiring process in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code guidelines and other applicable legislation.